Saturday, August 04, 2007

I've been a busy crochetin' bee with way too many works in progress at one time. This is the beginning stages of a rectangular granny using a yarn I bought ages ago called Bernat So Soft acrylic. I don't think they carry this line anymore and that's a shame because it's a great, soft, chunky yarn and for something like this it works out well. I got the pattern from Erin's blog and I thank you so much, Erin. This pattern is so addictive and sharing it was very nice of you!

I'm also working on my cotton ripple whenever I can, furiously attempting to make significant progress. I'd love to get this finished before summer is over but I will definitely need more yarn in order to do so. It always amazes me how much yarn crocheting eats up! I'm really enjoying the feel of this afghan as I crochet it....light and airy but soft at the same time.

I crochet these hexagons where ever and when ever I can and hope to eventually make a granny afghan once I have enough to crochet together.

These are just a few of the "too many" things I'm working on at present but I promised myself I will complete each one before starting anything else new! Yes, I've said it publicly so now I have to stick to it. My new mantra for August will be "I came, I saw, I crocheted, and conquered!

Till next time, friends, crochet on!

4 comments:

LG said...

Hi Laura, here I am visiting your blog! I like your other blog too, the catholic one. I´m catholic too, and like you I L-O-V-E Mother Theresa of Calcutta! You know, I also choose a Saint to protect me every year. My 2007 Saint is Mother Maravillas -not very known- but I found that her day is my birthday. I´m giving a lot of work to her! ;) Ok this is going to be a too long comment!
Keep in touch!

♥.•*Carol T*•.♥ said...

Hi Laura
I wanted to pop over & visit you, I know it's been a long time..
You sure have been a busy bee, with all your crocheting, and it's very pretty too!!
I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!!!

A Playful Yarn Again said...

Love your Hexagons. Where did you get the pattern?

I still think your cotton ripple is 'to die for'. Makes me want to make something like that only, the cotton skeins are so small, they'd be gone in no time flat. I know what you mean about projects eating up yarn.

Boysy is an adorable (and funny) cat...too cute for words!!

L. said...

Vik, Carol, & Lisa thank you for all the kind comments!

Lisa, I got the hexagon pattern from my book Crochet Basics by Jan Eaton. I've tried many hexagon patterns but this remains my very favorite!