Saturday, October 06, 2007

Spending Time on Ravelry

Wow, is Ravelry every addictive! I just got in on September 29th and all I can say is it's a blast, but also a huge time hog! At first I thought I'd take it slow and just do little by little.....NOT! Once you start finding out how one thing works, you then want to input everything you have that's not nailed down, LOL. I'm having a great time but my DH isn't thinking this is such a great thing.....he can't understand how I can get all excited about yarn sites, can you imagine? If you're waiting to get your invitation, it shouldn't take too long now because they're moving right along and when you get there you'll see what I mean.
Since I wanted to take pictures of my stash (which will be a gargantuan job in itself), I offer you the following picture of just a very small tad of said stash. I have about 5 bins and 5 big plastic bags full so I never need to buy anymore for the remainder of my lifetime.....but you didn't hear me say that!

Here's the latest progress picture of the ever present ripple blanket. It's now about 3/4 of the way completed. I'm having a hard time deciding which color I will use for the sides. I plan to do a reverse single crochet but which color to do it in....any suggestions?

That's about it for now because, well....you guessed it....I need to get back to cataloging my ample yarn stash into Ravelry! Till next time, have a great weekend with many fiberly treats and pleasure.

4 comments:

♥.•*Carol T*•.♥ said...

Hi Laura
I like your ripple, are you finished yet??!!!!
I haven't stopped by in a while, Just been busy, but I promise i'll visit more often!!
Carol

Cindy said...

I was looking for you in Ravelry and didn't find you. What is your name over there? I read your blog (I found you on the Ripple along a while back) and would like to add you to "my friends" in Ravelry. Thanks,

Cindy (Lubbockarmadillo)

A Playful Yarn Again said...

I just love that cotton ghan. Gonna cost a mint though when it's done, isn't it? So pretty though.

I know what you mean by Ravelry taking up so much time. I spent a whole afternoon on there yesterday. It ate up the afternoon just like 'that'!!

LG said...

Hi Laura, I know what you mean about Ravelry. Now that I´m on holidays, I finally have time to surf Ravelry (in the bad-sun-hours) and I´m loving it!