Friday, February 18, 2011

Working on an Unfinished Project

I just got back to one of my ten or so UFO's (unfinished objects) and will endeavor to work on this until it's completed.  I really like the colors and the yarn is lovely to crochet with so there is no reason that this should have sat in one of my crochet bags for as long as it did but there you have it.  I'm using Jaeger's Matchmaker Merino Double Knitting yarn which may or may not be discontinued.  


I have always been a big fan of most of the Jaeger yarns but sadly I don't think there are many left for sale out there, so it's lucky for me that I've stashed some different varieties of it, such as Matchmaker Merino Aran, and Chamonix (absolutely luscious), just to name a few.  It seems that in the wide world of yarns, they come and go quickly, so if you really love working with a particular yarn, it would be wise to stash a good bit of it because you never know when it won't be available anymore.  The same goes even more so for knit and crochet books.....they disappear quickly.

When I am knitting so many things, after awhile I start to pine for some crocheting content so I think what I'll do from here on in, is have ONLY two projects going at a time, one knit and one crochet, so that way I'll satisfy both of my favorite things to do at the same time.  

No comments: