Monday, October 23, 2006

Finally!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Rowanspun Chunky tweed has finally decided what it "really" wanted to be crocheted into.....a very simple, yet elegant, shell stitch afghan!

I have Lisa to thank for this pattern! I had tried so many different ones and nothing was working for this 'oh, so particular' yarn, until the shell stitch.

So, now I'm off and running with this very addictive pattern and the picture you see here represents about 8" of length so far with about 52" to go....that's not much, right?

I'm really not crocheting much of anything else right now but I am finishing up a poncho for my granddaughter using Araucania Nature Wool in a lovely hand dyed red color with light and dark shading and I'm contemplating crocheting her a hat to go with it if I can find a good, basic pattern.

I'd like to get some progress bars up and running here but these things take some time which I am running out of lately. Christmas (okay, I've said it) is quickly approaching and I have 3 projects in the works already, not counting the poncho or the cap. I hope to complete each of them but frankly, as the song says, two outta' three ain't bad".


I'm totally enjoying my crochet time and find I have to be careful not to crochet exclusively....thereby avoid my knitting which I love as well, but after all, I do have quite a bit of crochet time to catch up on and I'm looking forward to it!

2 comments:

♥.•*Carol T*•.♥ said...

Hi!!
I like your shell afghan, I've never made one!!
I sure know what you mean about running out of time!!, I have 3 more rec. grannies to make.
The pattern I use is so easy, & doesn't take too long to do either, not like the ripples,, but everything is so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

So glad I could help. Yours looks great so far! Can't wait to see it when it's done.
I have one color left then the border of mine then I'm done....phew!!

Again, great job!!