Thursday, May 03, 2007

Updating

These two adorable accessories are from the very talented BERNIE who crocheted them for me when I won the 'name that monkey' contest on her blog. I have my crochet hooks in the longer one which even has a zipper sewn in and I have folding scissors and stitch markers in the smaller drawstring bag.

I was so bowled over when I got these in the mail because they are the first thing ever crocheted especially for me by a fellow crafter. I love them, Bernie and how did you know that my daughter would be getting me a new crochet bag in an almost identical color. So now I'm actually crochet coordinated, even if only by accident, LOL.

On my own crocheting, I'm working on 2 ripple afghans, one in Bernat Baby Softee doubled in a lovely plain blue and a marled blue and white using an I hook. It's going along well but there's not enough progress to post a picture yet. The other one is the cotton colorful ripple using 1824 cotton from my stash, and believe me, I have plenty of that. There's a picture further down on this page if you want to take a peek.

Otherwise, I'm trying to finish up a Fair Isle cardigan (knitted) which I began some years ago and for some odd reason seem unable to complete. I am trying to be disciplined so we'll see how that goes and I'll report back later on.....wish me well.

No comments: