Thursday, May 10, 2007

Blankets!


I'm definitely on a crocheting jag and there's nothin' wrong with that! Everyday I seem to find yet another fab crochet pattern I just have to try and so it goes. At present I have a couple of ripple afghans on the go and I'm just starting a Granny square baby blanket as well. The picture above is the wave ripple for my sweethearts (my 2 kitties) who need a blankie all their own. I'm using Red Heart super saver (because I know it wears like iron, and I can wash it often, which is a must) and it will soften with each wash.


Next up is a baby ripple using 2 strands together of Bernat Baby Softee. I really like the softness of this yarn and find that it's working better for me using two strands as I crochet. I didn't think it had enough body using just one. The best part is I don't have any deadlines for either of these blankets so I can pick up whichever one I want and work on it for as long as I want.

I'm also giving my hand a try at a Granny square baby blanket which is at the very beginning stages. I like this yarn which is Red Heart baby soft and the colors are so great in this one. It's called 'rocking horse' which is very appropo.

Otherwise, I've been toying with the thought of trying some fine thread crochet such as a pineapple doily or some such pattern. I've always shyed away from anything using that fine of a thread or that small of a hook, but the only way I can see if I can do it, is to try, right? Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Laura,

your crocheting is so beautiful. I especially like the granny square afghan in those vibrant colours. It's great you are planning ahead for special events that might arise.

Mary Anne said...

Laura,

I like the new look of your crochet blog! Simple yet elegant.