Monday, June 04, 2007

Things are Coming Along


I've been on a crocheting binge of late, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. I've been making some real progress on my granny squared baby blanket but still have a ways to go. Of course the ends look a bit wavy but that will work itself out when I put a border around it and block it. I enjoy working with the Red Heart Baby and I know it will soften even more with each washing.


As you can see, the wave blankie for my 2 kitties is coming along quite nicely. I'll be finished very soon because I'm not making it too big. Only one of them will perch upon it at a time so I'll probably crochet about 10" more at the most.

Finally, here is the Easy Ripple in Bernat's Baby Softee using 2 strands at once. This is going a bit slower for some reason but I love the way it looks and feels. When I finish these I'm going to try not to start any new afghans for the summer but it will take a good bit of self discipline on my part. I'm finding that I love crocheting them and I'm surprised the the Granny sqaures are so mesmerizing to me when crocheting. I fall into such a rhythm that I think I could call it Zen for Laura.

4 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Laura,
Yay for you, with all your progress. Your blankets are so pretty. I especially like the granny square baby blanket.

LG said...

Hi Laura! Thanks for visiting my blog! I´m admiring your blankets now, very pretty. I posted yesterday the puppy small blanket I´m knitting.

Cristina Salgueiro said...

Laura your baby blanket is so cute, i love the colors:)

Carola said...

Anyone crocheting a ripple in only one color now has my official vote for most patient people in the world LOL. I just started my first ripple and I can't wait for the fourth row of each color to be finished so I can start a new one. Just seeing it grow for each row is very satisfying though.

I love the tan/variegated one you've got going too! It's gorgeous. I love earthy colors as well.