Thursday, June 21, 2007

Completion!


I completed the kitties blanket using the Red Heart super saver so that I can pop it into the washer and dryer and not think twice. After finishing it, I put a row of reverse single crochet around all 4 sides, which is something I wouldn't do for any other type blanket (I may just do 2 sides or use another border), but doing it this way gives the blanket alot more edge stability.

I'm working on the other ripple I had going which will be a baby blanket done in Bernat Softee Baby using 2 strands of yarn and a size J hook.....this gives the blanket some strength while not interfering with the lightness of it. I'm using 2 blues at once and 2 whites so I'll continue along doing the majority of rows in the blues and then 4 rows of the white. It looks very nice and the baby who recieves it will be quite snuggy and happy, I'm sure.

That's about it for now, and until next time, dear crochet friends, be safe, be happy, and crochet as often as possible.

"This above all: To thine own self be true" Shakespeare

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Laura,

your kitty blanket is really lovely. I like the colours you chose.

Phoenix said...

Great site Laura:) Love your beautiful work:) Love the colors. Hugs:)