Friday, July 13, 2007

Slow but Steady Progress

I've been busy crocheting and knitting my ongoing 4 projects (or somewhere thereabouts ). I decided I didn't really care for the way this continuous granny was turning out so I started frogging away but somewhere in the middle of what I had already ripped out, I thought that it would make a nice dolly blankie for my sweet granddaughter, Christina. So, I stopped ripping, seamed it, and spray blocked it and this is the result! I used Red Heart soft baby but I think there were 2 reasons I didn't like the way it was growing: one, when I use this yarn again, I will double it for whatever project I'm making, and two, I shouldn't have continued crocheting a granny square bigger and bigger because the sides tend to wave out and even though I wet blocked it, they never flattened out completely. However, I don't think Christina's dolly will mind very much and the only thing that will really matter is that she'll stay nice and toasty, right?

I've been making progress with the Mission Falls cotton ripple afghan but I'm running out of stash quickly on this. Geez, I thought I had soooo much 1824 cotton but I do tend to forget just how quickly crocheting uses yarn up. I'm going to go to my local yarn shop and pick some more up, hopefully in the same colors if they're available. If not, I'll have to wing it, I suppose, and this will REALLY be a multi-colored 'ghan.


In between, I'm also working on the Bernat softee baby blue and white ripple blanket (doubling the yarn) and it's turning out quite nicely. These blankets and afghans don't grow quite as quickly as I'd like them to, but I try to remember that saying, "the pleasure is in the process" and enjoy the trip instead of focusing so much on the destination.

On that note, I wish all my crochet pals a wonderful weekend filled with joy, happiness, and much crafting.

1 comment:

Carola said...

I absolutely love the colors of the yarn in your giant granny. It's gorgeous! I love pastels and that variegated yarn seems to contain most of my favorites, Laura :) The ripple also looks wonderful.