Sunday, October 01, 2006

Lazy Sunday

I love Sundays whenever we don't have plans and I can knit, crochet, read, and do my Sunday crossword puzzle.......it just doesn't get much better than a day like that. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I've been looking at lots of crochet patterns lately and would like to give a mitered square type afghan a try. It looks a bit daunting but I love the finished look of this pattern and the color scheme could be anything you'd have in your yarn stash, the sky's the limit.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I've been crocheting more coasters, trying out different patterns to find a favorite. So far I like the six sided brown ones with the light and dark coloring. It's nice and flat too for mugs or glasses to rest on without wobbling.

Not much other news other than it's a gorgeous fall day outside and I'm loving the chill in the air. I keep threatening to move to Maine one of these days because I don't like hot weather at all, but I'm probably all talk and no snow shovel! :) So, until next time, dear readers, crochet on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks fantastic! Good job!!

Mary Anne said...

Laura,

I'm last with my comments but just want to say how much I enjoy seeing the coasters you've crochted. Some beautiful designs and colours.

hugs
mary anne

♥.•*Carol T*•.♥ said...

I stopped by to say hi!! and you have a nice blog!!
I also grabbed your button too!!
Visit mine anytime you wish!!
Hope you have a nice weekend
Carol

p.s. my blog is new,I went to the new blogger beta, & found out that I do not like it, so I had to start up a new one, with the regular blogger, here is my blog address:
http://asmallcornerformycrochet.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, Nice looking blog. Thanks for compliment on mine, I really appreciate it. Feel free to use as many cat buttons as you like! At the bottom of the left column on my blog is the site I got them all from.
Thanks again
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Laura, for my scrapghan I'm just using a shell pattern. If you don't know how to make that, email me (lisaandjames629@sbcglobal.net) and I'll tell you. I just used colors that I had laying around. My daughter picked out a lot of the colors and I've been doing 2 rows then 3 rows then 2 rows, etc.
Thanks for the comments by the way.
Have a great Sunday.
Lisa